BrandSafway CAD Designer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
BrandSafway CAD Designer - Access Scaffold Applications Philadelphia, PA
A leading provider of specialized services to the global industrial, commercial and infrastructure markets, BrandSafway delivers access and scaffolding systems, forming and shoring, industrial services and related solutions to more than 30,000 customers worldwide. BrandSafway was formed when Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services and Safway Group combined in 2017. A group of 35,000 employees with operations in more than 30 countries.
This role will be part of global engineering supporting commercial, industrial and energy businesses. This position will be located in Philadelphia, PA and will be reporting to regional engineering manager.
Scaffold design for BrandSafway’s Applications Engineering team.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Be an active participant in scaffold design projects, from concept phase to construction.
• Leverage AutoCAD to build 3-D models of full scaffold assemblies and other access engineering products.
• Work with application engineers to provide technical support for regional branch customers, including scaffold erection drawings, bill of materials and site visits.
• Follow BrandSafway design guidelines and standards
• Collaborate with BrandSafway Product Development engineers to provide custom product solutions and design feedback.
• Perform basic calculations to verify strength and serviceability of design.
• Gain expertise in the company’s extensive product offerings to provide right/unique access solutions.
• Leverage engineering CAD and PDM management tools effectively
• Knowledge of regional fleet and look for ways to leverage them effectively in designs
• Ability to make quick decisions in a high demand environment.
• Must be safety minded and comply with all safety protocols with in the work environment.
• Associates Degree in Civil/Architectural/Structural Engineering or equal. Continuing education is a plus
• 2 plus years of AutoCAD/AutoDesk experience. Other CAD software experience is a plus.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary along with a customer service focus.
• Motivated to learn new and challenging tasks and work in the construction industry.
• Creative problem solving, in a collaborative team environment.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: 126241