BrandSafway Credit Manager in Pasadena, Texas
Brand Industrial Services, Inc. a BrandSafway Company is currently recruiting for a Credit Manager in Pasadena, TX.
Works under the general supervision of the Global Director of Credit, assisting branches with approving new customer credit limits, renewing existing customer credit limits, creating and amending customer masters, revoking credit limits where warranted and assisting with lien and bond management, settlement negotiations and legal/attorney collections.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Implements and updates credit extension procedures in line with BrandSafway policies.
• Evaluate all credit applications and recommend appropriate extension of credit.
• Retrieve and analyze credit reports (i.e. D&B, Experian, Equifax, etc.)
• Recommend credit limits for new accounts up to $250,000 USD
• Conduct bank and trade reference checks
• Review customer information (i.e. Credit Application, Personal Guarantee, etc.) prior to setting up new accounts to ensure compliance with company policy.
• Setup new customer accounts in J&E
• Review existing accounts to ensure continued credit worthiness of customer
• Attend Regional Working Capital calls to promptly react to emerging collection concerns and credit risks.
• Provide branches with support on Liens and Bonds.
• Monitor aged AR trial balance and assist in the calculation of appropriate reserve levels
• Manage all outsource vendors related to the collection of delinquent accounts and credit risk evaluations.
• Prepare/manage preparation of court documentation and liaising with the attorneys as required on delinquent accounts
• Monthly preparation of various AR reports for management review.
• Generate customer statements on request.
• Audits delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
• Generates Final Demand letters prior to elevating to third-party collections.
• Files proofs of claim with bankruptcy courts as needed.
• Coordinates with others, including credit agencies, to exchange information and update controls.
• Work closely with Cash Applications Department to ensure all cash is posted to correct customer accounts.
• Processes all workflows (i.e. adjustments, credit memos, bad debt, etc.) in a timely manner.
DESCRIPTION OF NONESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Assists branch personnel with collections in their absence.
• Develops customer analysis for sales managers, branch managers, upper management and auditors.
• Answers requests pertaining to credit information when given as a credit reference.
• Expert knowledge of credit analysis, credit management, ability to identify and reduce risk, knowledge of liens in the construction industry a plus, knowledge of bankruptcy laws, strong communication skills for negotiation and reconciliation. Proficiency in excel a plus.
• Work requires an understanding of liens and bonds.
• Work requires ability to operate a personal computer and MS Office software including Excel, various collection related websites, an ERP system. Prefer experience with AS400 account receivable system.
• Work requires the ability to work independently and resolve problems in a timely manner.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university with 3-5 years related experience and/or training. CMA or Treasury certification highly beneficial.
Job Ref: 2416260