BrandSafway Sales Representative - New Haven, CT in New Haven, Connecticut
Sales Representative - New Haven, CT
BrandSafway is looking to hire a Sales Representative for its New Haven region. This person will be selling from our extensive portfolio of commercial and industrial services includes scaffolding, hoisting and elevators, motorized platforms and motorized suspended scaffold; QuikDeck suspended platforms; heavy duty shoring; and temporary and permanent fall protection systems and all related labor services and training.
• Create and execute a sales plan/budget to meet operations goals.
• Keep abreast of competitive activity including products and technologies. Understand the market and what drives customer success. Identify market opportunities and create winning strategies.
• Communicating with customers and establishing relationships with new and existing customers, project managers and superintendents on design changes, value engineering, budget variation, and scheduling.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; develops realistic action plans.
• Perform job walks and review prints/plans to prepare customer proposals.
• Routinely travel throughout assigned territory making sales calls.
• Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost savings measures; contributes to profits and revenues; understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals; ensure project profitability/labor and material rate of return.
• Make sales calls on management representative such as project managers, maintenance managers, engineers, or other professional and technical personnel at our industrial foot print and other establishments. Routinely travel throughout assigned territory to make sales calls.
• Perform additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for process improvement. Acts with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their true respect.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Uses logic and proposes methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
• Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and informatively; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
• Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Reads situations quickly. Good listening skills. Able to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
• Self Knowledge: Knows personal strengths and weaknesses, opportunities, and limits. Seeks feedback. Gains insights from mistakes. Is open to criticism. Is receptive to talking about shortcomings. Looks forward to balanced performance reviews and career discussions.
• Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interest. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
• Organization: Can utilize resources to get things done effectively and efficiently. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
• Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects. Sets objectives and goals. Breaks down work into the process steps. Develops schedules and task/people assignments. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Measures performance against goals, and evaluates results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to create excellent working relationships with senior management
• Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization
• Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy and confidence
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Requires strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to climb scaffold, walk on roofs, and ride hoists or motorized platforms as business needs arise. Limited overnight travel.
• Engineering Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
• 3 to 5 years experience in commercial construction, contract and project management, and estimating in the commercial construction field.
Job Ref: 134177
BrandSafway, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, special disabled or Vietnam or other era veteran status. Notice to all potential job candidates Please be advised that BrandSafway will never require or ask for any fee from you in exchange for being considered, hired, promoted, transferred or having ongoing employment with us. It is a violation of our Code of Conduct if any employee requests any money or fee from you in exchange for any special treatment or consideration. If anyone, regardless whether an existing employee, or anyone else, requests payment of any fee in exchange for being hired into our company, you may confidentially contact our HR Compliance department at email@example.com and provide the name of the individual and any other documentation or proof of such an act.