BrandSafway Service Desk Analyst / Student Intern in Kennesaw, Georgia
Service Desk Analyst / Student Intern
Brand Industrial Services, Inc., a BrandSafway Company is currently recruiting for a Service Desk Analyst / Student Intern at our headquarters in Kennesaw, GA.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Service Desk Analyst / Student Intern acts as the primary point of contact for BrandSafway computer users, providing first-level technical support including ticket dispatch, initial troubleshooting, escalation, and follow-up via telephone and electronic communications for the North American region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Answer Service Desk hotline and document user-reported issues into tickets.
• Leading the dispatch of Service Desk tickets within the North American region
• Coordinating role within the Service Desk team, covering ticket backlog, escalations, and follow up.
• Ability to work in a structured and task-based environment.
• Follow help desk processes and procedures as established by management.
• Research questions using available information resources and pooling IT team knowledge.
• Escalate problems to Service Desk Manager as needed.
• Respond to end user support requests received via phone, email, or ticketing system.
• Resolve light administrative work (password resets, personnel record updates in AD, etc.)
• Attendance to work for scheduled shifts.
Education and/or Experience
MUST BE NO LESS THAN 12 MONTHS AWAY FROM COLLEGE GRADUATION
• Desired Degree relates to Information Technology.
• Experience in working with a ticket system is a plus.
• Excellent telephone, verbal, and interpersonal skills with good customer service orientation.
• Experience using remote support tools, preferable Team Viewer.
• Troubleshooting and structured problem-solving skills.
• Able to handle rapidly changing priorities in highly visible and stressful situations.
• Rapid learner with ability to multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Understanding of service excellence concepts and processes.
• Strong interpersonal skills used within a remote team environment.
• Ability to develop working relationships within IT Department and across other business groups.
• Exceptional verbal communication skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Knowledge of desktop, laptop & print hardware/software.
• Ability to support core Microsoft business software: Office 365, Windows 7/10, Skype.
• Remote support of mobile devices to assist with email configurations (iPhone, Android)
• Remote support of desktop, laptop & print hardware/software, plus peripherals.
• Basic understanding of Active Directory, network file structures, access rights, network users, network printing and desktop user environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to sit. The team member is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office working environment.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities required of employees assigned to this position.
Job Ref: JVSDI732019