BrandSafway Payroll Coordinator in Kennesaw, Georgia
Brand Industrial Services Inc., a BrandSafway Company is currently recruiting for a long term temporary Payroll Coordinator based in Kennesaw, GA.
Works under the general direction of the Payroll Manager, administers payroll for 5000+ hourly employees at approximately 60+ locations, union and non-union facilities for our Canadian employees. Canadian Payroll Experience is highly desired. Assists with on-site and web training. Conducts department audits, prepares government, union and management reports, ensures compliance with agencies, and serves as a specialist on Ceridian and Kronos applications.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Processing of Weekly union and non-union payrolls. Setting schedules in Kronos, making changes and adjustments, and determining the type of payments for off cycle checks (express check vs. regular check).
Maintain employee file information.
Runs monthly management reports.
Assist with bank exception reporting.
Troubleshoots and assist 60 + locations with any payroll related issues and/or questions. Sets up deductions, determines the type of corrections, and gives guidance to the branch personnel.
Good working knowledge of Union requirements.
Acts as a back up to other processors in the department and various duties as needed.
Assists with any back log of manual check logs, mail, VOE’s, pay card log and incoming garnishments for distribution to vendor.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.)
• Work requires completion of a 2-year degree in Business or a related field, and minimum of 5-7 years’ payroll experience.
• CPP desired but not required.
• Works well within a fast paced customer centric environment.
• Work requires experience with Union payroll processing.
• Work experience with different payroll systems, conversions, integrations and knowledge of Canadian payroll is desired.
• Work requires good communication skills to discuss and resolve problems.
• Work requires the ability to operate a variety of office equipment including a personal computer, with experience in MS Office and preferably Ceridian payroll and Kronos time keeping software.
• Experience with Ultimate Software is preferred.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Candidate must have the ability to keep employee information confidential and follow policies and procedures relating to payroll and HR.
• Candidate must be able to follow instructions, respond to management direction and take responsibility for their own actions, keep commitments on timelines and be able to work long hours when needed during YE processing.
• Must have problem solving ability.
• Good working knowledge of Multi state and Federal tax compliance.
• Requires the ability to present a professional image.
Job Ref: 125934