BrandSafway Supply Chain Commodity Specialist in Houston, Texas
Supply Chain Commodity Specialist
Brand Industrial Services, Inc., a BrandSafway Company, is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Commodity Specialist.
The Commodity Specialist – Americas will be required to work across BrandSafway business units within a small central team responsible for management of the Americas spend and supply base across multiple assigned commodities. This position will be responsible for:
• Developing and implementing Supply Chain strategies that improve BrandSafway's profitably and grown the company while continuously improving our level of safety, integrity and quality of our services.
• Interacting with supply chain leaders and providing cost savings opportunities for improved margin, cash flow and service levels.
• Monitoring and reporting on spend levels by a number of internal and supplier systems to produce concise and useful reports to assist the business.
• Consolidation of existing suppliers to leverage BrandSafway’s total spend to maximize cost reductions and efficiencies working with businesses to ensure these are obtained.
• Coordinating with business divisions to maximize impact.
This position requires an individual who will work within a small team and independently, be able to perform numerous activities at various levels within organization and can be depended upon to get work done without need for continuous direction / management.
This position will report directly to VP Supply Chain Americas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop, lead and execute Supply Chain strategies for assigned commodities, materials and/or services.
• Work effectively cross-functionally to execute strategies to deliver against Material Cost Take Out, Cash Flow, Quality, and Delivery goals.
• Manage the supply chain to assure world class delivery for project sites.
• Identify high risk suppliers and implement actions to mitigate risks.
• Manage Sourcing activities for assigned commodities including negotiating agreements, quoting, establishing terms & conditions, and site support for large project execution.
• Work effectively with business leaders, bid / proposal estimators, project managers, buyers and site materials personnel to achieve business objectives.
• Understand indices that drive pricing across industries and be able to forecast changes.
• Drive project identification, resource allocation and execution in Commodities.
• Leverage key supplier relationships to resolve major supply issues at all sites.
• Introduce supplier innovation whenever possible to improve BrandSafway's costs and project execution.
• Serve as a liaison between Supply Chain, other business functions, and suppliers to ensure team and suppliers are effectively supporting programs and projects.
• Effectively drive consensus decision making in a matrix environment.
• Uses personal influence skills rather than position power to persuade others and gain support.
• Analyze key spend data utilizing a variety of sources to identify trends, investigate and identify alternative sourcing options.
• Consolidating the supply base to maximize economies of scale and allow for more seamless integration of remaining suppliers.
The requirements listed below are representative of minimal knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, or Technical related degree or 3 years equivalent experience.
• 3 years’ work experience in sourcing, procurement, heavy industrial service functions or equivalent.
• Proficient with Microsoft tools for data analysis and communication.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Proven ability to aggregate, prioritize and leverage across multiple sites and regions.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, in all functional areas.
• Demonstrated team player with a strong initiative to win.
• High Energy / Aggressive self-starter.
• Demonstrated professional oral/written communication and influencing skills
The characteristics listed below are representative of desired but, not required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
• Heavy industrial field service experience.
• Successful experience negotiating and executing national / global commercial contracts.
• Master’s degree and CPM/ CPIM preferred
• Demonstrated change agent with excellent facilitative leadership and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in cost drivers in commodity management and macroeconomic impacts including raw materials, global demand, energy, regulation, and currency risk.
• Understand entire Value Proposition and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) model.
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of cost, quality, and delivery and ability to effectively measure supplier improvements in these areas.
• Possess a command of world-class global procurement practices, included e-procurement, auctions, consortiums etc.
• Experience implementing a network based sourcing platform.
• Experience working in a decentralized environment.
• Indirect commodity negotiations and management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee sits, walks and stands.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Some travel and work at heavy industrial job sites, branch offices and, supplier sites is required. Ability to travel 30%.
Job Ref: 132019