BrandSafway Payroll Administrator in Edmonton, Alberta
BrandSafway Group, Inc. currently has an exciting opportunity in our Southeast Edmonton Office. The Payroll Administrator is a dynamic individual responsible for the delivery of exemplary customer-focused payroll. Working under the general direction of the Payroll Manager, the successful incumbent requires sound and comprehensive knowledge and skills in all payroll, benefit and pension transactions and services to assure that BrandSafway complies with federal and provincial statutes and collective agreements.
• Weekly payroll processing, including accurate and timely balancing and reviewing of payroll;
• Ensure CRA remittances are prepared and submitted on time;
• Maintenance of payroll records, printing payroll reports based upon internal and external requests, and auditing;
• Assist in month end reconciliations and remittances for various unions across Canada;
• Issue Records of Employment in accordance with Employment Standards and Service Canada;
• Assist with estimates, payment of premiums, weekly calls, and reporting for WCB/WSIB and other provincial entities;
• Assist with year-end reconciliations and processing T4s and T2200s;
• Interpret company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures;
• Answer all queries from employees regarding their pay;
• Adhoc reporting to team, finance, and HR
• 1-3 years previous experience in a similar, high-volume role;
• PCP designation (or working towards);
• Experience with full-cycle payroll processing;
• Comprehensive knowledge of Canadian income tax regulations, Record of Employment (ROE) legislation, WCB/WSIB and other relevant Canadian legislation;
• Familiarity with union contracts/agreements across Canada; working knowledge of monthly union remittances;
• Experience with UltiPro would be considered an asset;
• Quebec payroll administration would be considered an asset;
• Ability to interpret and analyze tax data and perform various calculations;
• Ability to resolve problems;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Strong attention to detail, and high-level multi-tasking abilities are critical;
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel (i.e. pivot tables and VLOOKUPs);
• Strong customer service skills;
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
• Ability to adapt and respond to changing priorities and environments
Please reference job code no. in email subject line.
BrandSafway Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunity to all individuals. We are also committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities to ensure they have the right tools and support to do their job. We are pleased to offer a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a Group RRSP plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, and paid time off. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Job Ref: 136298
BrandSafway, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, special disabled or Vietnam or other era veteran status. Notice to all potential job candidates Please be advised that BrandSafway will never require or ask for any fee from you in exchange for being considered, hired, promoted, transferred or having ongoing employment with us. It is a violation of our Code of Conduct if any employee requests any money or fee from you in exchange for any special treatment or consideration. If anyone, regardless whether an existing employee, or anyone else, requests payment of any fee in exchange for being hired into our company, you may confidentially contact our HR Compliance department at email@example.com and provide the name of the individual and any other documentation or proof of such an act.