BrandSafway Yard Worker in Commerce City, Colorado
Job: Warehouse/Yard Employee
Reports to: Operations Manager & Yard foreman Department: Field Operations
Classification: Hourly Location: Branch Office
The Warehouse/Yard Employee works in a warehouse/yard environment. The primary job duties include pulling of loads and proper loading, unloading and returning of equipment.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Manual racking and stacking of materials.
• Load and unload trucks.
• Drive a forklift.
• Identify and separate equipment that may require work.
• Fill out, verify and turn in ship and return tickets.
• Ongoing warehouse and yard housekeeping.
• Inventory management.
• Must be dependable and reliable.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED:
The employee wears safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, hard hat, protective gloves, and site specific personal protective equipment.
• Previous physical labor work is desired.
• Has an understanding of loading and unloading trucks.
• Requires experience using forklift, banding tools, power tools (i.e. saw and drill)
• Requires good oral communication skills
• Requires the ability to present a clean and professional image
• Requires the ability to do basic math and read a tape measure.
• Education generally equivalent to a High School diploma is desirable
• Current/valid driver’s license is desirable.
• Must be 21 to operate commercial vehicles (Single/Combination GVWR > 10,000 lbs).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. )
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear, and/or use hands and fingers to handle or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, and/or walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move and/or pull up to 50 pounds (up to 100 pounds with assistance) of scaffolding equipment, which may include lifting 50 pounds (up to 100 pounds with assistance) of scaffolding above shoulders (6-7 feet) to load onto trucks or racks. Must also be capable of climbing onto trailers or trucks to secure and move equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The employee regularly works primarily in a yard and warehouse environment which contains, airborne particles, dust, heat, cold, rain, sleet, and fog. In effect, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate, but may be loud at certain times while working at construction job sites. There may be work related travel.
BrandSafway is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Safway is also an E-Verify participant.
The above statements reflect the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Job Ref: 107577