BrandSafway Driver/Warehouse in Commerce City, Colorado
Job: Driver/Warehouse Helper
Reports to: Operations/Yard Foreman Department: Field Operations
Classification: Hourly Location: Branch Office
The Driver/warehouse helper employee’s primary purpose is to assist the warehouse manager in all yard and warehouse functions
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Upon return of equipment, count and inspect every piece of equipment and document on return ticket (specifically documenting damage or shortage).
• Safely unload truck either manually or via a forklift and return equipment to the warehouse or yard. Sort and organize equipment in shelves, bins, or racks according to branch specifications, safely leaving forklift in down position after completion.
• Maintain a safe and neat warehouse and yard, free of safety hazards in accordance with Safway safety guidelines, ANSI, Federal, state, and local laws.
• Communicate and listen effectively with customer, co-workers, operations manager, and branch manager.
DESCRIPTION OF NONESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Will be responsible for sweeping yard and washing trucks. May also be required to operate company vehicles which may require an active/valid driver’s license (CDL if applicable) DOT Medical Card, DOT driver file, and more specific drug & alcohol testing requirements.
No supervisory responsibilities required.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING REQUIRED:
Requires the wearing of safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, hard hat, protective gloves, and other clothing as needed while working in the yard or warehouse.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Page 2, Driver/Warehouse Helper
• Requires education generally equivalent to a High School diploma.
• Previous experience in the construction industry desirable.
• Experience using power tools, pry-bar and banding tools as well.
• Must be dependable and reliable
• Requires good oral and written skills to effectively communicate with employees and customers.
• Current/valid driver’s license is desirable (not applicable if not driving)
Drive a flat bed per all rules and regulations of any local, state or Federal (US DOT) regulatory authorities to when transportation TK Safway products/materials.
Perform preventative maintenance & inspections and report problems with trucks along with keeping a log of preventative maintenance & inspections.
Must be 21 to operate commercial vehicles (Single/Combination GVWR > 10,000 lbs).
• Requires knowledge of and the ability to do basic math (9th grade level) for inventory control.
• Requires the ability to present a clean professional image.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more of working time.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear, and/or use hands and fingers to handle or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand, and/or walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of scaffolding equipment, which may include lifting 50 pounds of scaffolding above shoulders (6-7 feet) to load onto trucks or racks. Materials may not be carried further than 100 feet. Must also be capable of climbing onto trailers or trucks to secure and move equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions and airborne particles (dust and other debris) while working in the yard or warehouse.
BrandSafway is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Safway is also an E-Verify participant.
The noise level in the warehouse/yard is usually moderate to loud.
The above statements reflect the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Job Ref: 107578